Friday, November 15, 2013

Author profile - Georgina Hannan

Join me as we learn more about author Georgina Hannan

1 - When did you first start writing?

At school when I was 14.

2 - Do you read much? 

If yes, have you always loved reading? Yes I read every day on the way to work. I’ve liked reading since I was 12 and finally found the books I enjoyed.

3 -  Who’s your favorite author?  What’s your favorite book?

Favourite authors, there are so many: Lauren Kate, Karen Mahoney, Lavinia Urban, Ellie Williams, Katie Mayo-Jackson, Nancy Holder and many more. Favourite book is probably The Carver by Jenny Jones.

4 - What writers have influenced you the most?

Lauren Kate, Karen Mahoney and all the point horror stories I read at 12.

5 - Do you have a favorite fictional character?  Either from a book or movie or a tv show?

Hmmm, I’ve never thought of that before. Probably not as I tend to relate in some way to most fictional characters.

6 - What are you working on right now?  Can you tell us something about it?

I am working on the final book in the Cursed Trilogy called Absolution. It brings everything together but probably won’t end exactly how you think.

7 - Is there anything in particular that you do to get in the mood to write, or to get in the ‘zone’?  Any particular pre-writing routines? 

No it either happens or it doesn’t. I find I can’t force it otherwise I write rubbish.

8 - Where do you do your writing?

Anywhere, mostly at a desk or on my bed.

9 - How do you approach your writing?  i.e. - Do you do outlines?  Character bios?  Etc.?

I write out the story idea and plan character bios and try and plan a little of the chapter layouts but mostly I just start writing.

10 - Do you have any advice for other writers?

Keep writing no matter what. Write because you enjoy it not because you want to just be a best seller. Also, don’t stop reading, it’s a great way to keep learning.

11 - Are you a morning person or evening person?  Day or night?

I’m a day person, I don’t like mornings and the best part of evenings is going to bed.

12 - Do you have any pets?

Yes, got 2 cats, Milly and Molly.

13 - What’s your favorite ‘I need a break from writing’ activity?

Facebook!

14 - How do you approach writing sex scenes?  They can range from mild to wild.  Where are you on the mild to wild meter?

I am definitely mild, I prefer the lead up and the hint.

15 - Do you write in one genre?  Or more than one?

More than one, Horror, Romance, Paranormal, Young Adult.

16 - Are you self-published or with a publishing house?

Published with fast-print.net for paperback and self-published through Amazon & Smashwords for e-book.

17 - What are your thoughts on getting a literary agent?

It would be nice to let someone else handle everything, however I like having full control.

18 - What about marketing?  How do you approach that area?

I do all my own marketing, I use Vistaprint for postcards, flyers, magnets etc and I use Facebook, Twitter and blog, along with word of mouth and Amazon reviews.

19 - What about beta readers?  Do you use them?  How many do you have?  Where do you find them?

I use my family, my sister, my niece and my cousin’s daughter.

20 - What’s your favorite food?

Chicken Risotto

21 - What’s your favorite color?

Lime Green

22 - Is there a particular website or facebook page or blog that you, as a writer, find very helpful?

Not one in particular no, I use all the groups I’m part of on Facebook.

23 - What’s your favorite time of the year?

Autumn

24 - What’s your most recent book about?  And where can people buy it?

Most recent is Obsession, its book 2 in the trilogy.
The blurb is:
After a strange and exciting holiday, Daisy is looking forward to the new start University life will bring.

A life changing assignment makes her question the fine line between Obsession and Madness.

Can she tell the difference?
Can you?

You can buy it from: fast-print.net/bookshop, Amazon, Smashwords, Waterstones

25 - As a writer, what do you feel is your strongest gift or talent or skill that you have, that helps you the most as a writer?

I am a pretty good speller and hate bad grammar which helps a lot. Also, I have a good imagination but am good at putting myself in that situation to make the characters feelings real.

26 - Please share some of your links with us - facebook author page, website, where people can find your books –


No comments:

Post a Comment